The Why - Top Tips for Washing and Conditioning your curls
All curls are unique, and there's no one-step recipe for perfection. Different curl types require different care regimes, and it can take some testing to work out how best to care for your curls.
The key to your regime is simplicity. Any routine should be easy, simple and quick. The two cornerstones for my routine are:
- Regular washing and conditioning
- Regular moisturising and un-knotting
So.. what do I mean by regular washing and conditioning ? And how ?
First, lets start with the why ?
Shampooing and conditioning are processes that are often taken for granted in most healthy hair care regimes.
- This is the foundation of any healthy hair care regime and should form part of your hair regime.
- The shampoo and conditioner not only clean, they also support healthy hair growth and retention.
- Regular shampoo and conditioning helps provide the hair with the moisture it requires because water is encouraged to bind with the hair shaft each time the hair is washed.
- Chemicals, additives and perfumes in shampoos and conditioners can strip the hair of essential oils, alter the pH balance and cause irritation over time, so opt for pure and natural products.
- How frequently you wash depends on your child's hair: some hair types only need a weekly wash, some more frequently. Experiment until you find a frequency that works for you and your child.
Also in Tips and Hair Inspiration
The Sun is up and you want to bring your curls out to play.
The only problem is that you have run out of simple but effective hairstyles.
Look no further ..
The best bit is that is can be used by both Adults and Children,