The What, The Why and the How - The CurlyEllie Towel Demystified
Have you been wondering
- Why there’s such a buzz around using microfiber hair towels?
- Why are curly hair towels so special and what can they do for our hair?
Well, we’ve done the research to give you the answers you’ve been looking for.
Let’s be honest, we all wish there was a faster way to dry our hair a lot quicker - especially for those last-minute plans where you try to squeeze in a super quick hair wash, dry and style. Isn’t it such a hassle?
Here at CurlyEllie, we decided that we wanted to add something extra that will really bring out the best hair for our curly haired community. Our aim is to repair dry, damaged hair and tackle frizz so that your hair can look and feel it’s best… which is why we have created our very own microfiber towel!
And now it’s time for… the benefits of using our Curly hair towel;
- It absorbs moisture more efficiently from hair;
- The density of fibers are a lot finer than human hair making it gentler to the strands;
- You just need to pat dry which creates a lot less damage to the hair cuticles;
- Hair is more fragile when wet and if rubbed it leads to broken cuticles and frizziness; and
- You can decrease the time spent using a hair dryer, straighteners and curling tongs which can lead to extra dryness and damage to the hair.
Wouldn’t you love to restore and regain the youthful locks you once had?
Well look no further…
That’s right! … we have released the new CurlyEllie Scrunch Towel!
All of your issues with frizz and tangled hair will be massively minimised!
What is microfiber and how is it made?
- Microfiber is made with a blend of fibers – usually consisting of polyester and polyamide or nylon.
- It’s properties mean that it is highly absorbent. The initial microfiber weave is made of whole fibers which means it repels moisture - only once the fibers have been split can it then become absorbable.
- The texture is very soft to touch so drying the body and hair after showering allows for a luxurious and pampered feel.
- Microfiber is a highly durable material which means that it will last a lot longer than cotton and other natural fibers towels so it’s worth investing in.
How do I use the towel?
When you’ve finished washing your hair and you dry using a cotton towel, a lot of the moisture is drawn out and your curls are left looking and feeling dry, frizzy and lifeless.
What microfiber does is catch the excess droplets of water but without soaking up too much. This is perfect for potential styling immediately after washing. With the hair still wet, you can apply as much of our products as necessary for your hair type and leave to dry naturally.
Curly hair is the driest hair type, so if you can find a way to keep the moisture locked in, the more your hair will benefit and shine at its best.
What causes hair to become dry and brittle?
Too often, people blow dry and straighten their hair which in time dries it out more and your natural curl pattern isn’t as defined as it once was. Not only does heat styling affect your hair over time but even through environmental factors such as a hot day in summer can dry the hair out so any moisture loss needs to be replaced. Humidity is when fizziness becomes an issue so this is where using the right products and materials on your hair will help significantly.
How long will it take before I see a difference?
- As with any new product and technique, your hair needs time to adjust and work with what it is being given.
- Sometimes things work and sometimes not. With our Scrunch Towel, you can relax knowing that there are only benefits from using one.
- Even from the first use you should notice a difference as your hair will contain a lot more moisture than the previous wash if you were using a towel made from cotton or similar material.