Protective styling is especially useful if you are going on holiday, swimming often or going to the beach on a regular basis. However, protective styling only benefits your hair when it's done right.
Contrary to popular belief, protective styling does have maintenance to it.
The absolute worst thing you can do is to protective style and forget about it for three weeks.
You will be shocked at how dry and potentially damaged your hair is because of the lack of moisture and nutrients.
Like our bodies, our hair needs food on a regular basis. If we forget to eat, we will starve and the same proves true for our hair. If we do not feed it, it will starve.
The last thing you want, is to dehydrate your hair with a protective style.
The good news is when protective styles are well maintained you will reap the benefits.
Giving your hair that break from handling will induce growth and general health, because the hair shaft will have time to rest.
Let us take a closer look at how to maintain your protective style:
- Wash your hair with our Hydrating Shampoo before protective styling. Starting off with product build-up will block your hair shaft and the oils or product you apply to moisturise it, will not be able to penetrate through the product build-up.
- Our this sulfate free cleanser washes off all impurities without stripping your hair of its natural oils.
- Apply a generous amount of our Leave In Conditioner that also doubles up as a styling cream. The application of a leave in conditioner will protect, strengthen and repair your hair during this process.
- Once your hair is styled apply our Brightening and Radiance hair oil daily, taking care to apply it to the scalp as well. Our Hair Oil contains some amazing moisturising oils such as broccoli seed oil, grape seed oil and many other plants.
- If you ensure that your scalp is moisturised with good moisturising products, your hair will grow and be healthier.
- Remember your hair grows from the scalp. It is important to know exactly witch oils moisturise and witch oils seals.
If you stay committed to the maintenance of a protective style as provided in these 3 steps your curls will grow, bounce and shine!