Looking After Your Curls in the Sun
If you are anything like me, you will always be been extremely careful to protect your skin from the sun.
But ...did you know that our hair and scalp can suffer from sun damage too ?
The UV rays will quickly dry out hair in hot, sunny weather leaving it frazzled and frizzy. So if you’re out in the heat, the best protection from the sun is to cover your head with a scarf, hat or a protective style like braids to protect your curls and scalp. Don’t be tempted to skip through your usual haircare routine when on holiday. Make sure that you give your hair constant nourishment and hydration and try giving your styling tools a break!
Here are our five simple steps to keep your curls refreshed this summer.
- Before going out in the heat, add moisture to your hair with our Moisturising Detangling Spray – also great for reducing humidity frizz
- Use products containing glycerin to seal in the moisture such as our Curl Defining Leave-in Conditioner.
- Apply our Lasting Hold Styling Serum containing Tilia Tomentosa bud extract which forms a seal to help protect the hair from environmental damage
- At the end of a day in the sun or heat, wash your hair using our Gentle Shampoo and Nourishing Conditioner and apply our Intensive Treatment Hair Mask with added quinoa for protection and repair
- Water, water, water! As always, drink lots of water and increase your intake during the hotter months. Drinking water hydrates the hair and promotes growth.
Just like those poolside cocktails…everything in moderation!
Don’t shy away from sunlight completely. Nothing beats the warmth of the sun on your skin and sunlight helps your body produce Vitamin D which in turn stimulates hair growth.
Enjoy the sun early or late in the day when it’s less powerful to let your body get the vitamins it needs.
Top Tip: Try using our Hair Mask which contains meadowfoam seed oil as a leave-in conditioner in the heat to protect your beautiful curls. Your curls will thank you.
and most importantly - have a very happy curly holiday.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.