So... what are loose, fine silky curls and how can we get the best curl definition ?
So... what are loose/fine silky curls and how can we get the best curl definition ?
What does it look like ?
If you have curls you will notice that your hair has an ‘s’ shape. Your curls are well defined, springy and they tend to be quite shinny. They have a lot of body and movement however they are prone to getting frizzy and dry. This is where CurlyEllie can help!
Lets start with what you should not do before we recommend what you should do.
CurlyEllie DO NOTs for CurlyHair
- With loose curls, you don’t want to weigh down the hair with too many products, as you want to maintain your hairs movement and body.
It is, however, important to boost moisture because curls are prone to dryness.
- You don’t want to over wash your curls so please leave two or three days between washes. This will allow for your natural oils to build up and give your hair that natural shine.
- After you wash your hair, don’t rub your hair with a towel as this will increase fizziness, try squeezing your hair with the towel or gently tapping to dry. This will also help define your curls!
- Lastly finger detangle and throw that brush away!
A routine that works
- Firstly, wash your hair using the CurlyEllie Gentle shampoo 2-3 times a week.
- Next! Condition your hair using the CurlyEllie Nourishing Conditioner. Make sure you pay extra attention to your tips as these tend to be the driest.
- Use this opportunity to finger detangle your curls or use a wide tooth comb
- Rinse out the conditioner.
- Grab your towel and dry your hair. Remember to squeeze not rub!
- Spray your curls using the CurlyEllie detangling spray, this spray will not only detangle your curls but it will also add moisture.
- Detangle your curls - use your fingers to remove any large knots, taking care not to tug or pull at your curls.
- Add a small amount of the CurlyEllie leave-in conditioner.
- Scrunch those curls!
- For extra hold! Add in some Styling Serum and continue to scrunch your curls this will also prevent frizz.
- To refresh your curls between washes, spray your hair using the CurlyEllie detangling spray, add the leave-in conditioner and/or Styling Serum and scrunch those curls.
- Lastly, share your before and after with us and BRING ON THE CURLS
If the leave in conditioner is too rich for your curls, consider skipping step 8