I have had a few questions from our community recently asking about the difference between the Intensive Hair Mask and the Nourishing Conditioner.
- How often do I use the Intensive Hair Mask ?
- How long do I leave the Intensive Hair Mask on my hair ?
- Can I use the Intensive Hair Mask on straight hair ?
- Do I apply the Intensive Mask before, after or with the Nourishing Conditioner .. and many more questions ?
So, I thought I should try and explain in more detail. It is important to me that hair care tips are simple and easy so I won't bore you with too much detail.
Before starting, it is always good to remember that all hair is unique and different. Always take the time to experiment to find the best method of applying the right amount you need for your hair and the frequency your hair needs it.
Disclaimers : Embrace messy hands!! You will have to run your fingers through your hair and massage the Intensive Hair Mask into your hair so that it is evenly applied and coats all of your hair.
Here are some answers, suggestions and tips to start you on your way.
Super Top Tip : If you need volume, or more protection over the summer, try using our Intensive Hair Mask as a Styling Cream. Apply as you would on wet or dry hair and leave to dry naturally.
So … what is our Intensive Hair Mask
Our CurlyEllie Intensive Mask combines natural plant and seed oils to hydrate, nourish, moisturise and repair dry, damaged and coloured hair, minimising frizz and restoring shine, bounce and radiance. It contains several powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant ingredients, including Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
Why should you use our Intensive Hair Mask ?
Whether you have straight or curly hair and your hair is in need of
- strength your hair
- or your hair looks damaged and frizzy
our CurlyEllie Intensive Mask is the mask for you.
Our Intensive Mask is designed to form a protective barrier to prevent excessive evaporation of moisture.
The composition of Meadowfoam seed oil makes it highly resistant to heat, providing excellent heat protection when blow drying, tonging or flat ironing.
Losing moisture generally leads to dry, damaged hair and scalp.
Our Intensive Hair Mask combats this by being an exceptional hair moisturiser which rejuvenates and adds shine to each strand of your hair.
How often should I use our Intensive Hair Mask ?
As often as you like.
How long do I leave the Intensive Hair Mask on my hair ?
If you only have a few minutes :For a quick shine boost, leave the Intensive Mask for 3 – 5 minutes and rinse.
We use a dry oil, Meadowfoam seed oil, this dry oil sinks into hair and is quickly absorbed so it will leave your hair soft, light and non greasy.
A little longer time to indulge your hair
Apply our Intensive Mask in the shower or bath, leaving the steam to help open your hair's cuticle to leaving the Intensive Hair Mask to work its magic.
If you have even longer and can really treat your hair
- Cover hair with a shower cap/towel/hooded steamer for 15-20 minutes or let your body heat do the work.
- Alternatively, pop on your Intensive Hair Mask, sit in the steam room and have a little gossip with the girls (a personal favourite of me and the girls).
- Or, you can apply to wet or dry hair, cover your hair and leave on overnight, and rinse out in the morning.
Best method of applying our Intensive Hair Mask
You can use the mask separately or together with the Nourishing Conditioner, depending on how thick your hair is for best results.
- Can be applied on damp or dry hair.
- Start to massage the Intensive Hair Mask from just above the scalp working downward to the tips of your hair. The ends of your hair is normally the area that needs a lot of TLC, so take time to apply it and concentrate on the tips.
- Comb, finger comb or with fine hair, brush through the Intensive Hair Mask, making sure it is evenly distributed throughout your hair.
- Leave the Intensive Mask to do its job : Cover your hair with a shower cap and hot towel after applying the mask. Put the shower cap over your hair after applying the mask. Next, wrap a regular or hot towel around the shower cap. Leave it in place for 15 minutes. The heat assists with opening the hair cuticle, which allows for further penetration of the treatment. An alternative would be to sit under a hooded dryer or steamer. Heat Resistant:
- Leave Overnight. Place a towel, shower cap, or other covering over your hair and let the mask sit in overnight. In the morning, rinse the mask out in the shower. Your hair should be left noticeably softer and more moisturised.
- Finish off by using your favourite styling products. Pop on a bit of our styling serum mixed with the leave-in conditioner for fine hair and the leave-in conditioner mixed with the serum for thicker hair to provide lasting results.
Extra tips for thick and fine hair
- Take care to section your hair in little sections before applying the mask to ensure full coverage.
- Apply the product from roots to ends.
- Use the Intensive Hair Mask with the Nourishing Conditioner.
- Apply the mask from the mid-lengths to your ends, so you don’t weigh down your waves at the root.