We cant pretend anymore.
Winter is great but not always for your curls. Your many notice that your scalp becomes a bit drier and itchier over the next few months because of the lack of moisture in the air.
This leads to issues like dandruff and and a more sensitive scalp. ❄️❄️🌀🌀❄️😍
The dry winter air teamed with the cold wind and the indoor heating can affect the health of your curls.
With a combination of all three your hair is more susceptible to damage.
- Moisture is your best friend. A deep conditioner should be used at least once a week to restore that moisture.
- Our Scrunch Towels are great as the roughness of a typical bath towel can disturb your curls and your hairs cuticles especially in the winter.
- Try some protective hairstyles such as French plaits.
- Wash your hair less so your hair retains its natural oils.
- Avoid heat more than ever as it can dry curls out in the winter.
- Pay extra attention to the ends and tips of your hair.
- Refresh yours curls throughout the day with a moisturising spray with glycerine.
- Keep you scalp hydrated from the inside by drinking loads of water.
- Avoid leaving your home with wet hair.
- Hydrate those curls every night with a Leave-In Conditioner.
- Line your winter head gear with satin or silk so you are kinder to your curls than wool or cotton.