Here at CurlyEllie, we adore quinoa and use it in pretty much all our products.
Quinoa is mainly cultivated in the Andes of South America and has been an important source of nutrition in the region for 6,000 years. The Incas called it the “mother grain” and held it sacred. In fact, it was so revered, each year the emperor of the Incas would sow the first quinoa seeds of the season with a golden shovel.
But why is quinoa great for your hair ?
Simply put, its all the amazing essential amino acids, proven substantivity, moisture retention benefits typical of proteins and hair color retention through a natural and sustainable platform.
With the use of Quinoa, your hair colour remains vibrant and your tresses are protected to help give beautiful, lustrous-looking hair.
Quinoa is the gift that keeps giving:
- Proven substantivity to hair, repairs damage and makes hair look smoother and silkier
- Confers film forming and moisture retention benefits typical of proteins
- Proven to provide substantivity and penetration of the hair for damage protection and control
- Penetrates into the hair shaft for powerful protection and repair
- Film forming properties protect hair and skin from environmental exposure
- Considered a complete protein, Quinoa contains all 8 essential amino acids
- Binds moisture and provides nourishment to skin and hair