I recently had an email from a very lovely lady who wrote that she had scalp psoriasis and after using CurlyEllie, she noticed that her skin was less flaky. I tried many times to start a response to her email and tell her about my Ellie. I do know from experience how hard it is when you are dealing with this condition. I also know how careful you have to be with any products that you introduce to your skin.
Much more importantly, I wanted to tell her why she made the right choice in using CurlyElllie. I hope she reads this blog.
CurlyEllie was not only designed to give perfect curls or produce a range that even the most delicate scalp can use and enjoy.
When I created CurlyEllie and chose our ingredients, it was very, very, very, important to me that all our Ingredients were kind to the skin and planet. This meant that we took great care in ensuring that our ingredients were sourced in an ecologically conscious manner and were very gentle and kind to skin and scalp.
For example, we use Camelina sativa, also known as false flax, a member of the mustard family and an exciting new player on the natural hair care scene. I can see this oil becoming a key ingredient in many more hair care ranges in the future. In this article, I will try and explain as briefly as possible, why we chose this amazing oil and why it is perfect for anyone suffering with delicate skin and scalp conditions.
Kind to planet
- The growing and harvesting does not require complex growing or harvesting techniques. It can be seeded and harvested with conventional farm equipment.
- It is a short-seasoned, fast-growing and can produce seeds even with very low moisture.
- Almost all parts of the plant can be used and there is minimal wastage. After the oil is extracted, what is left is a protein-rich feed source for cattle, poultry or swine.
Good to hair and Scalp
- Camelina is an Omega-rich seed. The seeds contain a high percentage of Omega3.
- It is believed to assist in the in the healing of psoriasis or eczema.
- Camelina can be up to 10 times higher in linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid than that of any other well-known oils, making it very kind to your scalp.
- It keeps the hair soft, shiny and well moisturised without leaving a greasy feeling or residue on the hair.
- Camelina has high oil and protein content. The oil contained in Gold of Pleasure Seeds contains many fatty acids, including some rarely found in other oil crops (e.g. omega 3 and essential fatty acids). Camelina typically contains 35-38% oil, which is high in omega-3 fatty acid.
- Gold of Pleasure is amazing. It has a high Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA's) content of both the Omega-6 and Omega-3 families. It is one of the worlds richest sources of Omega-3 fatty acids with 40% a-linoleic acid.