Ingredients Ellie Loves: Gold of Pleasure Seed Oil
Camelina Sativa (Gold of Pleasure) Seed Oil is a key CurlyEllie Ingredient used in the CurlyEllie Nourishing Leave in conditioner. Gold of Pleasure oil is natures richest source of Omega 3 and Omega 6 oils. Refined, cold pressed gold of pleasure oil is a clear, bright yellow oil, with a light odour and good skin feel. It is particularly vauable as a very rich source of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA's).
What is Camelina Sativa (Gold of Pleasure) Seed Oil? Gold of Pleasure oil is obtained by expelling the seeds of an annual plant, commonly known as gold of pleasure (Camelina Sativa), also known as wild flax as it was often found growing wild in flax fields. Gold of pleasure has been grown all over Europe for its fine oil from the Iron Ages until the beginning of this century when it was gradually replaced with other, higher yielding oil crops.
Kind to planet
- The growing and harvesting does not require complex growing or harvesting techniques. It can be seeded and harvested with conventional farm equipment.
- It is a short-seasoned, fast-growing and can produce seeds even with very low moisture.
- Almost all parts of the plant can be used and there is minimal wastage. After the oil is extracted, what is left is a protein-rich feed source for cattle, poultry or swine.
Good to hair and Scalp
- Camelina is an Omega-rich seed. The seeds contain a high percentage of Omega 3.
- It is believed to assist in the healing of psoriasis or eczema.
- Camelina can be up to 10 times higher in linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid than that of any other well-known oils, making it very kind to your scalp.
- It keeps the hair soft, shiny and well moisturised without leaving a greasy feeling or residue on the hair.
- Camelina has high oil and protein content. The oil contained in Gold of Pleasure Seeds contains many fatty acids, including some rarely found in other oil crops (e.g. omega 3 and essential fatty acids). Camelina typically contains 35-38% oil, which is high in omega 3 fatty acid.
- Gold of Pleasure is amazing. It has a high Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA's) content of both the Omega 6 and Omega-3 families. It is one of the worlds richest sources of Omega 3 fatty acids with 40% a-linoleic acid.