Today is set to be a record breaking hot summers day.
How do you keep your curly hair looking fab after it dries? How can you protect your luscious curls in the heat? This has always been a problem for Curly hair because Curly hair is naturally dry. Read below to find out about my holy grail.
Curly hair is different from straight hair so it also needs a little different hair care routine to become frizz-free, shiny, well defined, knot free and beautiful.
- Naturally curly hair needs lots and lots of moisture!! It never has enough. Believe me!! In the heat, it is more important than at any other time to take care in keeping your hair moisturised. Use sulfate free shampoo and silicone free shampoos and conditioners.
- Keep your hair moisturised by using natural oils, like coconut oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides), that penetrate the hair shaft. Oils coat the hair and help to keep it moisturised for longer. Leave the CurlyEllie Nourishing rinse out conditioner in your hair for a few hours, preferably overnight if at all possible. Cover with a shower cap to keep the conditioner on the hair and not the pillow. This will help the oils to penetrate the hair shaft.
- Use products that contain humectants like glycerin. Humectants penetrate hair and absorb the water and keep it moisturised for longer. Glycerin pulls moisture into the hair and retains moisture in the hair. It works to draw moisture onto your hair and provides a barrier to keep the moisture locked in.
- Regularly use the leave-in conditioner, at least once or twice in a week. This will seal in the moisture and keep the curls shape. Our CuryEllie Curl Defining Leave-In conditioner refines and enhances the natural curl in your hair. If your naturally curly hair is dry, rough or in desperate need of some TLC, be very generous with the product. Don’t hold back saturating your beautiful curl with our CurlyEllie Curl Defining Leave-In conditioner.
- The more hydrated your curls are the bouncier and easier to style they will be. Do not rough up your hair by rubbing the towel on your head to dry your hair, opt for squeezing out the water with your towel instead.
- Don’t be afraid to try a new product or method. Always remember to do your research.
My holy Grail
- If possible, take our CurlyEllie Moisturising Detangling Spray with you and use whenever you feel your hair is dry and in need of more moisture during the day.
Don't forget the ends. Apply the products paying special attention to the tips.